HOW PLANNING, ORGANIZING and PREPARING HEALTHY MEALS BRINGS PEACE and JOY TO MY DYNAMICMOM, WIFE, HOMEMAKER, HOME-BIZ LIFE!


As A Black Woman who is a Mother, Wife, Homemaker for 33 years and counting, I have learned that Creating Time to Plan, Organize and Prepare Healthy Meals is one of the most Loving, Important, Purposeful and Powerful Actions that I can do for mySELF and my Family. We're Plant Based ("Vegan") 2 years and counting so we food shop every week to replenish our delicious fresh food supply! I was living a lone  Vegetarian Lifestyle for many years so my process was about the same but cooking was different. I would prepare Stew Chicken and my fabulous 7 Cheese Macaroni and Cheese with Mixed Veggies for family and Some beautiful, delicious Kale, Zucchini, Mushroom, Onion, Pepper and Tomato Sautee with Lentils and Brown Rice for me! Now with us being Plant Based (our Sun, Hasaan and I are all in, my King, Vincent's almost there!); I've use this journey to implement some LifeSkills Training! So Hasaan and I share the meal planning, food shopping and cooking! He's prepared and ready in this area for when he ventures out on his own! Give Thanks! 

In going through this process, I uncovered a natural,  systematic flow of activity that I do each week. It's in 4 Parts. Here They are: 


-1- 

CLEAN OUT and WIPE DOWN THE FRIDGE! 
I take everything out in sections and spray the shelves, door and bottom bins with my white vinegar and water solution. I take the leftover fresh veggies and perishables out of the containers and bins and put them in my big pot below! I wash my containers with vinegar water and a little peppermint soap, dry them with paper towels then sit them out on the counters to air dry fully. (sometimes I clean them in the dishwasher, top shelf) 

I guess to some this may sound a lot of EXTRA work every week, but over these years I've learned the giving this love and attention to my fridge- 

*Keeps it clean and sanitary
*Prevents "Food Clutter" (I take a better stock of my inventory. I see what I have and what I need to purchase on my next shopping trip on the following day!)
*Prevents Cross Contamination (Old food playing with new fresh food...NOT GOOD!
*Cuts down on fresh food waste  
*Helps the fridge to run more efficiently   






-2- 

I PUT THE LEFTOVER VEGGIES and PERISHABLES IN A BIG POT AND COOK IT DOWN. I CALL IT MY "CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE SOUP!" Here It Is In My YouTube Video! 
   

-3- 

I PLAN 4-5 MEALS THAT I'D LIKE TO PREPARE FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEK. I MAKE A LIST OF THE INGREDIENTS I NEED FOR EACH DISH, AND THEN I MAKE A 2nd LIST FOR EVERYTHING ELSE. 

I Created this SIMPLE and AWESOME MEAL PLAN-SHOPPING LIST WORKSHEET that I use in my planner. It inspires me to be creative with my meals and really keeps me focused and on budget. I was taking it with me to the market in this planner but lately I carry it folded inside of my smaller personal sized planner which I also use as my wallet. Having my meal plan with me as I shop is great because if the Asparagus doesn't look good today and one of my 5 meals is Sauteed Asparagus with Tomato, Mushrooms, Onions & Peppers; I can cross that one out and still have 4 others to prepare! Or create a new meal on the fly and put those ingredients in my basket! I made the Meal Plan/ Shopping List available in the PDF WORKSHEET LIBRARY INSIDE OF MY NEW MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE! It's A DynamicMom School ONLINE!  DynamicMomEnterprisesAcademy.com So far, the sistahs who are members are loving it!  

    
HERE'S HASAAN AND I RETURNING FROM OUR LAST SHOPPING TRIP. Time To Unload! 

 

-4- 

AFTER SHOPPING, WE IMMEDIATELY PUT EVERYTHING AWAY IN IT'S OWN LABELED AND DESIGNATED SPACE! 











This last pic below, is the pantry shelf I designated for my King, Vincent, labeled with his name! He can store whatever he wants right here as long as it's neat! (well almost, I did have to remove 2 very ripe bananas that he had in here recently. It would have been mold city with fruit flies, ants and whatever else up in here. Not on my watch:-) Good Job Sweetielove! 



...AND LOOK WHO GIVES MY MEAL PLANNING, ORGANIZING and PREP EFFORTS A THUMBS UP! 


Now That's Peace, Joy and Love Right There! Love You My King!

Peace and Blessings Sistah-Queens! BE INSPIRED!

Join Me On My New MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE 



Comments